Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tomato Sauce

I'm sooo excited to be planting veggies again.  This is my second year attempting to have a garden.  Last year, I just did tomatoes.  When I was planting my lettuce and spinach today, I was thinking about all of the things I want to do with whatever we grow this year.  I remembered this recipe that I used last year. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/homemade-tomato-sauce-i/detail.aspx

I skipped the celery, bay leaf and wine.  It was amazing!  Jason said that it was way better than anything that he ever had out of a jar.  :-) 

I'm so excited to make it again this summer.  Now that I know I can do it, I'll be making big batches to freeze for the winter months.

Update (July): I made this again, so now I can add pictures.  This time, I added a little bit of fruitables veggie juice (like V8)

The tomatoes, after they were boiled

                                                                                                        
                                                             The veggies, simmering
 
The sauce, simmering

The sauce, after its pureed

No comments:

Post a Comment