Friday, March 2, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I use my own version of this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mrs-allens-brunch-bake/detail.aspx

The one on allrecipes is a great recipe if you're having a brunch but its way too much for the 4 of us. 

I save all of the ends of our bread in a bag in the freezer for this recipe. 

4 slices bacon

8 slices bread

about 4 Tbsp butter, softened

1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use whatever I have in the fridge and I don't measure)

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cups milk

a handful of spinach

seasoning (I usually use garlic and salt in a grinder)

Microwave bacon
Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter.
Arrange 4 bread slices buttered side down in the bottom of a squre baking dish.
Layer with the crumbled bacon and half of the cheese
Arrange remaining bread slices over the cheese, buttered sides up.
In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk, spinach and seasoning and pour evenly over bread slices.
Top with remaining cheese. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
Bake at 325 for about 45 mins.  (Until eggs are set)

No comments:

Post a Comment