Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ham Bone Soup

I've made this soup a few times.  The first time I made it, I did have a ham bone.  This time I just had a big hunk of ham.  It worked very well, both times.  The picture in the recipe on allrecipes.com looks pretty nasty.  Fortunately, mine hasn't looked like that, either time. 


Changes that I made:
I never, ever use buillion cubes,  (YUCK!)  I either use  stock that I've made and frozen, or one box of stock in a box, is the equivalent of the buillion cube/water for this recipe.

Instead of canned tomatoes, I use fresh or some that I've frozen myself. 

Instead of canned beans, I use dried beans.  See my post about how to cook dried beans.  Beans

I also skip the grean pepper.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ham-bone-soup/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=ham%20bone%20soup&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe


3/8/12

No comments:

Post a Comment