Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jason's birthday

For breakfast, we made blueberry scones.  I used this recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Blueberry-Scones 
They were a little bland and a little dry.  I wasn't going to add the recipe but I read the reviews for it and decided to keep it so I could make a few changes next time.  It was a really easy recipe. 

Ready to bake:
Ready to eat:

Dinner was breaded pork chops.  I'm putting this here because Jason went on and on about how great they were.  He kept saying he was so glad we decided to eat at home instead of going out for dinner. 
I completely forgot to take pictures while I was making it.  I think I was distracted by the peace and quiet while I was cooking because the girls were "working" in the garage with Jason.
I trimmed the fat off of 3 pork chops, and tenderized them so they were thinner.  I had about a tablespoon of honey dijon mustard in the bottom of a jar so I made my own "bottom of the jar" recipe, like Rachael Ray.  :-)  I added about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of Miracle Whip to the jar and shook it up.  Then I smeared it on both sides of pork chops.  In my magic bullet, (no measurements), I put corn flakes, basil, parsley and paprika.  I coated the pork chops in the crumbs.  I tried to broil them but the crumbs just burnt, within a few mins.  So, I baked them at 400 for about 30 mins. 
I took a picture of the one that was left. 





No comments:

Post a Comment