Sunday, January 4, 2015

Best Ham EVER!!

Not only did my husband tell me that this was the best ham, he told me that this is the best MEAL that I've made.  I've been cooking for him since 2003!

This is the original recipe: Copy Cat Honey Baked Ham from Lady with the Red Rocker

I skipped ginger and cloves so this is what I used:


1 bone-in spiral sliced pre-cooked ham (un-sliced also works)
2 cups white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 to 6 Tablespoons water

The original recipe recommended cooking it in a crock pot.  I didn't want to spend all day waiting for it so I baked it in the oven, according to the instructions on the ham.

In a small pan, I mixed the sugar, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and paprika and about 2 tablespoons of water.  I continued adding water until it was the ingredients were well mixed.  Then boil it for 1-2 mins, until it is a syrup.  I stirred it the whole time so it wouldn't burn.  Next, it just needs to be poured all over the ham. 

The original recipe recommends broiling it for 1-3 mins at 500 degrees. 

We used a blow torch just like Honey Baked Ham does.






No comments:

Post a Comment