Monday, April 8, 2013

Leftover pie dough

I always have a little bit of extra dough scraps whenever I make something with dough. 

By the way, this is the dough recipe that I use for everything:  http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/2092/butter-pie-crust

It's really easy to make.  I make it in the food processor.  Its enough for 2 pies. 

This is one of the things that I like to do with the extras:
Roll the dough into a rectangle and brush it with melted butter.  Then sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on it.  Roll it up and slice it.  Put them on a baking sheet and bake them with your pie for about 10 mins or until they start to get light brown. 


Here is another one:

I made a quiche and had enough leftover to do a tiny little apple pie.  I cut half an apple into small chunks.  I added about a teaspoon of flour and a teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of cinnamon.  I mixed that and put in the pie crust and drizzled caramel on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment