Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Beginning...

I've been resisting blogging for a long time. Mostly because I didn't think it would be something that I'd stick to. I've given in because I'm sick of having to search my favorites, emails, hard drive, etc, every time I want to find one of my favorite recipes. This will be a place for me to save things for myself, and easily share it with my friends. When I'm looking for recipes, I'm usually looking for something healthy, and cheap. I enjoy re-making unhealthy and processed foods, into a healthier version that I can make myself. Most of the recipes aren't my own creation but I usually make some changes.
Anyway, I'll start with today.

This is what the girls had for lunch. Looks like cheesy bread. Its really sandwich thins, smeared with carrot and sweet potato puree and hidden with shredded cheese.















While the girls ate that. I made terriyaki sauce. I needed some for a recipe and I didn't have any. I also thought that making it myself, might be lower in sodium.

I used this recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-teriyaki-sauce-133751


I thickened it the way my mama taught me to thicken sauces.
I put the water and cornstarch in this container and shake it. When the sauce started to boil, I poured the starchy liquid in very slowly, and stirred continuously.



Here it is. It's all ready for the Rainforest Cafe Blue Mountain Grilled Chicken Sandwiches that I'll be making for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about the veggie puree idea. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete