Sunday, May 26, 2013

Leftover Rice Pudding

We eat ALOT of rice in our house.  Unfortunately, we don't really like leftover rice.  I have a husband who is a little particular about the stickiness of his rice.  :-)

If we have a lot of extra, I make this for dessert.

Here is the original link:

Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • about 3 cups milk
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ⅛ tsp salt
  • 1½ tsp vanilla
  • ½ cup raisins or fruit of choice-I use craisins
  • Spices to taste …like cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, etc-I usually just stick to cinnamon
Instructions
  1. All add ingredients to the cooked rice except the spices and bring to a boil.
  2. Boil for a few minutes and then cook until most of the milk is absorbed.
  3. Once you get to your desired consistency, add your spices.
I prefer to eat it warm.  If we have leftover leftover rice pudding, I just microwave it before we eat it again.  If it gets too dry, you can add a little extra milk before microwaving.




No comments:

Post a Comment