If we have a lot of extra, I make this for dessert.
Here is the original link:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- about 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup raisins or fruit of choice-I use craisins
- Spices to taste …like cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, etc-I usually just stick to cinnamon
- All add ingredients to the cooked rice except the spices and bring to a boil.
- Boil for a few minutes and then cook until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Once you get to your desired consistency, add your spices.
I prefer to eat it warm. If we have leftover leftover rice pudding, I just microwave it before we eat it again. If it gets too dry, you can add a little extra milk before microwaving.